Thursday, October 18, 2007

Brace Face?

I have a little over a week until the braces, and I'm so nervous!

I find myself staring at the couple of girls in my classes who have them, and this feeling of dread washes over me every time. Two years of braces? Two years? At this point that seems like a lifetime. I'll have braces on my 21st birthday!

I keep running my tongue over my teeth... so smooth! So white! So straight!


I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's worth it right now...

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

Hi Melissa,

I promise that those two years will fly by. I hit my year point in August and I couldn't believe it! There's nothing to be afraid of. The process of them putting the braces on is funny! There's this suction thingy that makes all kinds of noise! ha!

Any idea of a surgery date?

Aimee said...

Hey at least you won't have braces on your 36th birthday. :) Two years will go by so fast. You won't regret it. (at least that is what I keep telling myself!)

Aimee said...

How are the braces going??