Saturday, July 12, 2008

ouch!

I've been having a lot of pain in the gum area between two of my top teeth since I had the power chain put on. The area has been really sensitive to hot and cold, and tonight the pain started to shoot upwards into my face, and I can't really drink anything without feeling like someone just ran her fingernails down a chalkboard. To make it worse, I tried flossing between the two teeth and blood started pouring out of the irritated gum. There doesn't seem to be any food or anything stuck up there... I'm really worried. Unfortunately it's the weekend and I can't call a dentist until Monday.. Owwie, it hurts!! What could it be?!

3 comments:

mc said...

Try salt water a few times a day. It ddi the trick when my gums were playing up because of the braces. Good luck!

mylene
www.chinderella.wordpress.com

Katherine (Kate) said...

I ditto the salt water swishing. Do you have a water pick? I finally broke down and got one a couple months ago and swear it makes a HUGE difference (especially as the OD sarts adding more chain, elastics, etc. Variable speed is nice for when gums are really tender as it's more massaging than "OW!")

Sure hope it's feeling better...or that you can at least see the dentist asap for some peace of mind :)

Dragon (Karen) said...

Ouch Melissa.

Salt water rinsing and brush the area gently with your toothbrush. The brushing may hurt, but it stimulates the gum and does help.

Hopefully you've seen your dentist by now and if you needed anything else, that's being done.

Take care!