Wednesday, April 16, 2008

bye bye, crossbite.

I had my ortho appointment on Monday. Yay, yay, yay: no more elastics!! They did leave the buttons on, though, just in case my teeth start moving back to where they were. But I whined to the girl about them and she put pretty, tiny pink bands on them so they don't scratch my tongue. Weirdly enough, I kind of miss the bands holding my mouth closed; now I have to do it myself!! :)

I had a smaller wire put on top and a bigger one put on the bottom. The gap in my front bottom teeth is getting smaller and smaller...

I would post pics, but quite frankly, I just ate and there is food in my teeth. Ew!

Dr. Arango said we can probably start talking about surgery by my next appointment, and that my teeth are doing everything they're supposed to be doing. that's good enough, I guess.

OHHH and I was silly enough to allow my dentist appointment for a cleaning to be scheduled the day after my ortho adjustment, and I had to cancel it because my freakin' teeth were killing me. Duh! I should have realized that before. I pictured them digging in my gums and scraping my sore teeth, and I'm pretty sure there would have been some tears involved. No thanks.

Next appointment: June 13th.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Nice hearing that things are progressing. I know it's not as fast as you would like but you'll get there soon. :>)

Shontelly said...

I'm surprised that they don't put a powerchain on you. hmm.
That's great that surgery is in the near future. Your going to just LOVE the results. It seems like the wait is forever but once you get it over with it's already almost time to get the braces off and put it all behind ya.