Wednesday, February 28, 2007

setback

sooo, after going to have x-rays done this morning, i received a call from the orthodontist's office. apparently i can't see the oral surgeon there because he "won't be the one performing the surgery" and the information i need to send to the insurance company is from my regular general practice doctor... i'm a little confused.

and i did a search on cigna's website for oral surgeons in the network...and apparently there are none. i'm not quite sure what to do next; the orthodontist's office hasn't been as helpful as i'd hoped.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Melissa,

That is odd indeed. Maybe you could ask your ortho which surgeon he/she usually works with? I mean, why would they send you to any surgeon if he's not the one operating on you?

On the insurance - I doubt they want a letter from your primary care physician. That doesn't make sense. Your primary care physician has nothing to do with this. Your OS should be the one sending the letter for pre-authorization.

Which city/state do you live in? Maybe I can ask my OS and ortho for some local recommendations if all else fails.

Maggie said...

Melissa, my OS doesn't know anyone in Colorado Springs. I've posted the question on my blog. Hopefully we'll get some responses that can point you in the right direction. Fingers crossed! http://bracemyself.blogspot.com/2007/03/os-in-colorado-springs-co.html

Maggie said...

Melissa, there are a few comments with links to Colorado resources at http://bracemyself.blogspot.com/2007/03/os-in-colorado-springs-co.html. Hope it helps!