Thursday, February 12, 2009

gameplan

I have an appointment to get all four of my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday 2/17.

After that, I will be calling the insurance company to argue with them about not wanting to cover basic x-rays with dr. vetter. after all, he IS on their oral surgeons list!

Hopefully, I'll get some answers, and I can get the outstanding bill I have with Dr. Vetter's office paid off. Then, I'm calling them and seeing what I should do next. As awful as it sounds, I have been considering just paying full price for my surgery--I really like Dr. Vetter, and there are no oral surgeons in this city covered by Cigna, apparently. BOO.

On another note, the oral surgeon who is removing my wisdom teeth (yep, the same guy who told me two years ago that he didn't recommend jaw surgery and then blew me off when I tried to schedule another appointment with him), who obviously forgot me from before, told me that he thinks I'm going to be thrilled with the results of my orthognathic surgery, and that it will be good for me. umm, okay??? Whatever.

Time is wasting away!

4 comments:

V said...

Urgh, I've had that: 'You're SO gonna benefit from surgery!'

Dunno if I'm wrong in taking that as 'You look OK now but really, you need surgery to look normal!'

Ah, the paranoia. I know that really my ortho means that I will benefit because I can stop having those silly thoughts anymore!

Fingers crossed that you get your surgery sorted out soon hun! x

stephanie said...

I'm fighting like mad to get my surgery covered, but we're also considering just paying for the surgery out of pocket... yikes.

Hope everything is going well!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Howdy, Stranger! Just checking in to see how you made out with getting your wisdom teeth out.

Any success on the insurance/ Dr. Vetter front? Hope something's working out for you :)

Maya said...

hey,
agh i feel your pain i two have to get wisdom teeth out on top of the surgery and the moneys jus so much, but u no hope everythn goes well with u